Terms and Conditions
The present document defines the Competition included in the .Online Business Academy (the “Competition”) and its terms and conditions (hereafter “the Competition T&Cs”). It describes the rules that relate to the application and functioning of the Competition.
2: About .Online Business Academy
.Online Business Academy is an online course aggregator focused on building and growing businesses with resources and tools to help build businesses. The Academy houses advice from experts who’ve proven experience in building businesses. Periodically, the Academy may conduct Competitions with a view to reward its users and give them exclusive access and resources.
Hosted by Radix FZC (.ONLINE Domains) (hereafter “the Organisers”), .Online Business Academy is supported by some amazing experts and instructors who want to help businesses succeed using their learnings and experience.
3: Participation and Eligibility
- The competition is open to anyone looking to start a business or currently employed/running in one with a valid user account on academy.get.online
- To qualify as a valid entry, the entry must fulfil the below the criteria:
- Post – The entry must come from valid social media accounts without any previous posts that are hurtful towards any sentiment, race, religion etc. Any accounts containing such offensive posts will be disqualified immediately.
- Criteria – Each entry must contain the relevant information, hashtags and tags as directed by the course instructor in video and/or the course documents.
- Participants must have taken part in at least one course with over a 70% completion rate on the .Online Business Academy platform.
- Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
- Each participant can have multiple entries but will only be considered once for each competition’s rewards.
- Each applicant must submit original content through their posts. Duplicate/plagiarised entries will be disqualified
- The rewards that involve interactions will be hosted virtually via a video conferencing application on a date and time of the instructors choice.
- For rewards with a monetary prize:
- For the course ‘How to Write an Online Business Plan That You Will Actually Use’ conducted by Kim Garst, the competition reward will be a reimbursement of any tool of choice of the winner(s). This is limited to one business tool that will be capped to the amount of $250 in entirety. Winners will be free to choose any plans/pricing structure of their choice but will not be reimbursed for any amount greater than $250 or the actual price mentioned on the invoice, whichever is lesser.
- For the course ‘Setup And Launch Your Business Website That Attract Customers’ conducted by Jason Falls, the competition reward will be a cash prize of a maximum amount of $1000 (to the 1st-prize winner), $500 (2nd-prize winner), $250 (3rd-prize winner). The contest will be conducted on Twitter and the amount will be decided based on the total number of engagements (likes, retweets and replies) received on the tweet containing the URL of the top participants’ recently created website. Only engagements that come in till October 7th, 2021 11:59:59 PM PST will be considered and the competition will be closed post that. The distribution of prizes will be as follows:
- 1st prize – $1000 or actual total number of engagements on selected tweet, whichever is lower.
- 2nd prize – $500 or actual total number of engagements on selected tweet, whichever is lower.
- 3rd prize – $250 or actual total number of engagements on selected tweet, whichever is lower.
- By participating, the applicant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Competition T&Cs and represents and warrants that it meets the eligibility requirements. In addition, the applicant agrees to accept the Organisers’ decisions relating to the content of this Competition as final and binding.
- The Organisers have the right to verify the eligibility of each Applicant. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- If the applicant uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the rules, its submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- Any ideas or applications found to be plagiarized, offensive, or unethical may be screened & disqualified.
4: Intellectual property
- The applicants understand and agree that the Organisers, anyone acting on behalf of the Organiser, and the Organiser’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without limitation, the applicant’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- By submitting his/her application, any applicant represents and warrants that the content of the application is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If an entry of any applicant infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, he/she will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- If the content of the entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, the applicant shall, at his/her sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. The applicant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organisers from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liabilities, loss, damage, costs or expenses, which the Organisers may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Applicants are fully responsible at all time for the protection of their intellectual property within the framework within their participation in the Competition.
- The Organisers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should fraud, force majeure or other cause beyond the Organisers’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition.
- The Organisers reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any applicant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or violates these Competition T&Cs. The Organisers have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition. Any attempt by an applicant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Organisers reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6: Limitation of liability.
By applying, the applicant agrees to release and hold harmless the Organisers and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) the applicant’s participation in the Competition and/or its acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prizes or; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition.
Any communication regarding the Competition must be sent by email to [email protected]
8: Marketing Mailers & Survey Related Information:
.Online Business Academy or its Organisers will send important updates, follow ups and marketing emails to applicants registered email IDs at any time.
.Online Business Academy or its Organisers may contact an applicant for understanding the applicant’s experience in the Competition with the intention of improving the experience of applicants in future events.
All information collected for the survey will not be shared with any third parties and will be used for internal purposes only.
.Online Business Academy partners may send promotional mailers to the applicants
9: Updates to the Competition T&Cs
The Organisers reserve the right to update the Competition T&Cs at any time. All updates will be posted on the academy.get.online and will be conveyed on social media.